Sunday 25 December 2011

Navya Nair

Navya Nair Biography
"My only passion is films. I like to watch all kinds of them.

I was studying in class ten when I participated in a youth festival in Kerala. I later got a letter from Malayala Manorama seeking acceptance to publish my photograph in their weekly issue. I was happy.

The photo was published on the cover of the issue. Popular director Sibi Malayil saw it and contacted us asking whether I would like to act in films.

My father was against it at that time, but I wanted to take up the offer, as I loved cinema.

I received offers to act in teleserials even earlier. But, my father refused to let me accept them because he felt that when a good film offer came along we would not be able to concentrate on the serials. But, when the real offer came my father did not want me to act in films.

So I called my uncle, director K. Madhu. He intervened and asked my father to allow me to act. My first film was Istam, with Dilip. It was a super hit. It ran for nearly 175 days.

Only after acting in nearly 25 films did I enter Tamil cinema through Azhagiya Theeye. I was then signed up for Amirdham and later on for Chidambarathil Oru Appasamy.

My latest appearance is in Pasakkiligal. Amirdham is releasing tomorrow.

My next film is going to be T.V. Chandran's Aadum Koothu.

Now I am doing a film directed by Cheran, which is yet to be titled.

The films I accepted are all good. It is difficult to pick and choose one or two from among them. But, I can say that I was happy to receive the Kerala State award for Nandanam in 2002. When it was released people used to call me Balamani, the name of the character I played in the movie. Azhagiye Theeye is another good movie. Chidambarathil Oru Appaswamy was appreciated by the media and the audience. Those who saw a sneak preview of Amirdham told me that I looked exactly like an Iyengar girl.

I got the second Kerala State award for two of my films. Both the award-winning films were different in their own way. Saira is a film about a television reporter. I did the lead role in the movie: that of Saira Ali Hussain.

The other film was Kanne Madanguka, where I played a schoolgirl. I enjoyed the roles and am happy that I got the awards for them.

The awards are a source of inspiration and a bonus for my hard work. All my awards are precious to me." Narrated by Navya Nair.

Navya Nair in Kannada Movie

Having consolidated her gains in Malayalam film world and neighboring Tamil cinema, the heroine with the nice girl next door image, is set to make her maiden splash in Kannada cinema. Navya Nair has been booked for a film in which dashing Darshan plays the male lead.

Navya Nair , who became a celebrity overnight with the release of her first Malayalam movie, ‘Nandanam’, had an earlier offer to act in a Kannada movie. However it did not happened at that time because of her busy schedule. Now Navya has accepted an offer to act with Darshan. Meanwhile, Navya is waiting for the release of her Tamil film, ‘Mayakkannadi’ is set for release.

Navya Nair went to Tamil films when there was no enough roles at home(Malayalam). There she had phenomenal success with hand full of films. Now she is back to Malayalam film industry and seems to enjoy the attention she is getting. Navya Nair got an important role with Mohanlal in Alibhai. This is a big budget and success film. She is acting as a flower girl in this movie.

Navya Nair is also set to with Mukesh and Bala for the film SMS. She is pairing with Bala in this movie. Navya and Bala had earlier acted in the movie Kalabham. Navya Nair is also acting with Suresh Gopi in film 'Kichamani MBA'. Navya was earlier pairing with youngsters and now she is acting is with senior actors like Suresh Gopi and Mohanlal, an achivement indeed.

Navya Nair Filmography
Indhuchoodan
Aadum Koothu
Mayakkannadi (2007 Cast: Cheran, Navya Nair, Radha Ravi)
Alibhai (2007, Malayalam, Cast: Mohanlal, Navya Nair, Innocent, Gopika, K.P.A.C. Lalitha, Cochin Hanifa, Jagadish, Siddique, Rajan P. Dev)
Pasa Kiligal (2006, Cast: Prabhu, Navya Nair, Malavika, Kalabhavan Mani, Manorama, Nazar, Roja, Vadivelu, Vinit)
Pandippada (2005, Cast: Dilip, Harisree Asokan, Navya Nair, Prakash Raj, Rajan P. Dev, Salim Kumar,
Ambika, Cochin Hanifa, Sukumari, T.P. Madhavan, Indrans, Subbalakshmi, Neena Kurup, Zeenat)
Immini Nalloraal (2005) .... Sneha
Chidambarathil Oru Appasamy (2005 Cast: Thankar Bachan, Navya Nair, Pyramid Natrajan, R. Sunderrajan, Ganja Karuppu, T.P. Gajendran)
Azagiya Theeye (2004)
Chathikkatha Chanthu (2004) .... Vasumathi
Jalolsavam (2004) .... Geetha
Sethurama Iyer CBI (2004) .... Rachana
... aka Oru CBI Diary Kurippu Part III (India: Malayalam title)
Pattanathil Sundaran (2003) .... Radhamani
Ammakilikkoodu (2003) .... Akhila
Vellithira (2003) .... Thatha
Gramaphone (2003) .... Pooja
Kalyanaraman (2002) .... Gauri
... aka Kalyana Raman (India: Malayalam title: alternative transliteration)
Nandanam (2002) .... Balamani
Chathurangam (2002) .... Sherin Mathew
Kunjikkoonan (2002) .... Chembakam
Mazhathullikkilukkam (2002) .... Sofie
Ishtam (2001) .... Anjanav
Navya Nair
Navya Nair
Navya Nair
Navya Nair
Navya Nair
Navya Nair
Navya Nair
Navya Nair
Navya Nair hot
Navya Nair Bob Pressed by Mani

No comments:

Post a Comment